reusable sandwich wrap made with bees wax
What exactly is Bee’s Wrap? Bee’s Wrap is organic cotton infused with beeswax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin which creates a washable, reusable, and compostable alternative to plastic wrap! We love this sandwich wrap not only because it saves us from using plastic bags that are bad for the environment and costly to boot but also because Bee’s Wrap keeps bread nice and fresh, making for the perfect way to take sandwiches on the go! The 13’’ x 13’’ sandwich wrap also comes with a string and a wooden bee button for and easy and secure closure.
Bee’s Wrap was started in 2012 by Sarah Kaeck, a mother of three who found herself facing the same question as many others: how could she eliminate plastics in her kitchen in favor of a better, healthier, more sustainable way to store food? The first wraps were all hand made by Sarah in her kitchen, and while her operation has expanded since then Bee’s Wrap is still handmade by a growing team of women in a Bristol, Vermont workshop!
As a Green America Certified company Bee's Wrap thinks sustainably from start to finish. Their wraps are made using fabric and printing certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard, beeswax sourced from sustainably-managed hives in the US, and organic jojoba oil. Additionally the Bee's Wrap packaging is recyclable and plastic-free; and once your Bees Wrap has reached the end of its useful life it can be composted as they are biodegradable!
The Details …
- Includes: One sandwich wrap 13'' x 13'’ and one wooden bee button for easy closure
- Care: Wash with cool water and gentle soap, and reuse
- Directions: Use the warmth of your hands to wrap Bee’s Wrap around a piece of food or over a bowl or casserole dish. When the Bee's Wrap cools — within seconds — it holds its seal. Use your Bee’s Wrap to wrap cheese, vegetables, bread, fruit, fresh herbs, and baked goods. Bee’s Wrap is not recommended for use with raw meat.
- Made of: GOTS-certified organic cotton, sustainably sourced beeswax from the United States, organic jojoba oil, tree resin
- Lifespan: Will last up to a year with proper care & regular use
- FYI … when you first open your package of Bee's Wrap you may smell the beeswax. The scent will fade after the first few uses and washes, until you can no longer detect it!